Blog #5: Jello Pastry
This week, I have finally made a jello flower! It took me a long time, but making it 3D was the most amazing thing ever. The process of making the jello flower was not just about the end result, but also about the journey. It required patience and quality time with myself, which I needed after last week. Instead of a meal, I wanted to do something new that my mom does for events and parties. Ensuring I did everything correctly was rough, but I got the rhythm as I felt confident.
The concept of flow exists in my life when it comes to having a routine of tasks and activities. While at the gym, I am out of this world and have a different mindset of pushing myself and letting my stress come out. While listening to music and doing weights/cardio, I get this "flow" state in my world. Cleaning my car and apartment is more of a challenging activity because I have a list of cleaning that I would like to get done at a certain time, and if I do not finish at a certain time, I start freaking out and getting irritated. I think about what I need to clean my car and if I have the supplies that ADHD comes in. Instead of cleaning, I check if I have all the necessary supplies.
My current occupation is challenging because I have to learn new cooking skills and follow directions. I enjoy it with all my heart, but sometimes I feel anxious about how I am doing and whether it will taste great. The occupation has a flow because once I feel confident, I start going ahead on ingredients and ensuring everything is in the right place. My mom has been my rock with school getting heavy, assisting and ensuring I did everything well. Her support has been invaluable, adding a warm and comforting element to my experience. To have a full-flow experience, I need to memorize ingredients quickly and think about them less.
Comments
Post a Comment