Blog #8: Pozole


     I am still learning how to make various meals without burning the food. So far, it has been going amazing, especially making homemade food that I can show everyone. This cooking process, amidst the stress of classes and studying all day, has become a crucial part of my self-care routine, significantly improving my mental health. Creating something delicious and nourishing provides a sense of accomplishment and joy, which is invaluable for my well-being. 

 My new occupation falls into category E (Attentional Boredom). It is in this category on the meaning side because it is 'Increase Demand.' It is meaningful to me because I want to show others that I can cook new meals that I have not done before, such as homemade Orange Chicken with barbecue ribs. The process of learning and mastering these dishes means a lot to me. It aligns with the effort and hard work I put in when cooking because I put in all my effort to ensure I can make these meals in the future. It requires many ingredients when cooking because having food that tastes good is better than not having flavor. 

I do not think that boredom has ever impacted my occupational choices. Growing up, I did not have many occupations due to my parents working and being unable to do much since they were not home (my grandmother took care of my sister and me). After school, I always did my homework and chores to ensure my mother could come to a clean home with a warm cooked meal. This relates to my new occupation because I am learning something new and ensuring I can keep up with the amount of work given. When I am not busy, I go for walks, runs, and go downtown with my friends or sister to relax. Getting dinner and walking around to get fresh air makes me feel relieved.    

Comments

  1. Hey girl, first off tis the season for pozole! Haha, I love that you made this dish! You definitely need to show me how you make it sometime. You said that your occupation falls under the category of attentional boredom, so it sounds like you are becoming really proficient in your cooking occupation. That is awesome! When you were first starting your occupation which category would you have rated it under? What are some ways that you think the demand needs to be increased so you don't feel bored? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!!
      Thank you! When I first started cooking, it was quite difficult because I was surprised of how much my mother does not measure. Fun Fact: My mother does not measure the ingredients, just puts what is best for the meal. Some ways that I believe that will demand the needs is having music in the background and ensuring that you enjoy the occuaption.

      Delete
  2. Hi Veronica! I have been wanting to do more homeade cooking lately myself, even though it is not my occupation! I have been more productive in making dinners for my husband and I and each time I cook, I am getting better and better and it is honestly such a rewarding feeling! I grew up with my mom mostly, so I understand what you mean about wanting someone you love who is working so much to come home to a clean house and a warm cooked meal! Since I was in middle school, I did not know how to cook at all, so I never did, so I would make my mom sandwiches and she would eat them happily (even though she hates sandwiches). I think when we can give back to others, it makes us feel a little bit better about what we have done and what we are capable of! From your occupation, what is probably the most difficult part about learning how to cook? For example, mine is cooking meat! Not because it is undercooked, but sometimes overcooked and does not retain a whole lot of flavor. What about you? Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mataya!
      Thank you for sharing your story! I can relate on how much I wanted to give back to my mother because she would work long hours and I would make her sandwiches. The most difficult part about cooking is having some measurements cause my mother just puts a pinch, which I get kind of confused. I make sure that my meat is not raw because I like well done cooked meat. My stomach will judge if the meat is cooked or not.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts