Blog #6: Chow Mein with Chicken

 

   

    My new occupation has been great because it motivates me to make meals based on my mom's or grandmother's recipes. Initially, I was afraid to cook because I thought of burning the food and not being very good at it. I can make homemade meals to pass on to my future kids. On Sunday mornings, I am back home with my family in Oregon, where my mom has the time to teach me new meals. It makes me miss her so much since I live in Boise, but I know that one day, I will be able to be home all day with my family. This was also part of the meal prep I had prepared for the week, which is amazing. 

As the semester progresses, my dedication to my occupation grows, encouraging me to continue practicing Spanish at home. This not only helps me retain the language but also makes it a part of my daily life. Amidst the week's hustle of assignments, studies, and work, I prioritize my time for sleep, meals, and most importantly, my family. The moments spent with them, filled with music and laughter, are the highlights of my week. I've been pushing myself to learn more consistently, rather than leaving it all for the last minute. 

Other contextual restrictions in my occupational engagement are occupational imbalance and exhaustion. Every day, I spend most of the time in class doing homework or studying in the anatomy lab. I build a schedule that helps me stay on track and still do things outside of class. The quiet time that I have, I try to spend with family because it brings me happiness. I do not feel exhausted when I have free time because my energy is boosted when I do not worry about assignments or anything else. A few personal, contextual restrictions could be forgetting to do my occupation until my mom mentions it to me. She gives me a heads-up when it is time to cook, which helps so much. 



Comments

  1. I love that one of your main motivations is to pass on recipes to your future children! We have a recipe that has been passed down for four generations now, including the story of how the meal came to be. Family is so important and being able to spend time with them while enjoying good food is even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is important to share the family recipes. I love spending time with family to be able to feel energized throughout the week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts