Blog #7: Chicken with White Rice and Homemade Strawberry Water
This past week has been hectic, with trying to get everything turned in and studying. I made a quick recipe I wanted to learn, especially seasoning the chicken well. My occupation felt non-stressful this week, which was helpful. Through all the stress, I know that everything will be all right by the end, and nothing will make me not want to cook.
My chosen occupation is not just a solo endeavor but a shared experience. It is a co-occupation, something I do with others, making it so special. Enjoyment comes as I finish my meal, and it tastes well. The emotional aspect of a co-op can be found in my occupation by meal prepping, which is preparing meals or ingredients ahead of time and knowing how to cook for the future, especially passing down family recipes that can be used later in life. My mother has taught me so much about cooking that I do not want to forget anything because I enjoy spending time with her and passing it on to generations of our family tree.
My occupation involves shared intentionality because I can teach many individuals and provide future family recipes that benefit them. Home-cooked meals are always the best and have fewer processed ingredients, which can benefit everyone. Every time I write my blogs, I want to ensure that I am progressing in my cooking skills and not being afraid to burn myself occasionally. I am going to start cooking warm foods since the weather is changing. I will have better meals coming up; I just have to be patient and not freak out when I feel like I burn the food.

Veronica, I think I would enjoy your chicken and rice. I love how this is a co-occupation with your mother. Our moms have so much to teach us. I like that you work together and you each have a defined role; student and teacher. There are probably other roles you have, like the one who cuts the vegetables and the one who prepares the meat. Those roles can change with each meal, but the work is cut in half and the enjoyment is doubled. Which part of cooking do you find most challenging? You had mentioned burning yourself or burning the food in this last post.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Mothers are the best!! She guides me, but does not help me at all because she wants to ensure that I know how to cook. The most challenging is being able to get the flavor the same. It is hard because everyone has a different hand.
Delete