Blog #10: Meat with Chili (Carne con chile)

    My new occupation, though challenging, has brought me immense joy and satisfaction. As my courses demand more time and I juggle work, I find solace in my new occupation, a respite from the daily stress. It's not without challenges, especially when there's no precise measurement, just a finger pinch. I often ask my mother to repeat the steps, as it takes work to cook based on intuition alone, just what your heart desires. 

 As a first-graduate student, it has been quite difficult to participate in my occupation because I have days when I want to jump ahead in my courses so as not to stress much about it. I also have time to spend with my family since they relieve my stress from school and worries. I put my full effort into my new occupation because it has been my goal to learn how to make homemade meals and pass them on to my future children, preserving our cultural heritage. Most importantly, I want to remember my culture and share my meals with everyone I care about, instilling a sense of pride in our traditions. 

 My new occupation is not just a task but a journey of self-discovery and personal growth. It is a constant reminder that there's always room for new experiences that can transform our lives. I've mastered preparing various meals and shared them with my family during the Christmas break. This new occupation has boosted my motivation and honed my time management skills, ensuring that I can balance my studies and cooking. 

   

Comments

Popular Posts