Blog #9: Meat with Rice
The concept of balance has shifted dramatically since I started graduate school and part-time work. I did not have enough time to do my favorite occupations that I used to love doing before, and I had to focus on other obligations that I needed to do. After every anatomy exam, I strive to keep going with my assignments, but then my body feels exhausted and tired to the point where I want to focus on my mental health. All I do is go to school and work most of the time without having time to hang out with friends due to being able to finish assignments and work. Being able to work out as well during a busy few weeks of graduate school and work has brought me more motivation to keep going by having a balanced schedule.
Cooking has taught me time management and ensuring that I have a meal when I am at work or doing courses at graduate school. Every Sunday night, I make sure that I put time into learning a new recipe by scheduling three hours of free time, which is only for the occupation of cooking. Balancing by having a a precise schedule helps me ensure that I get things completed and when to take a break occasionally.

Hey Veronica! All of the things you have cooked so far look delicious! I hope you are enjoying your new occupation.
ReplyDeleteI totally relate to what you said in this post about having a schedule in order to work towards occupational balance. People are so busy anyways, and the addition of graduate school makes it that much more difficult and stressful to find occupations that can help you balance your life. I've also been trying to schedule time to participate in my new occupation, which has usually been on the weekends in the hopes that I will have the time and hopefully gain some relaxation from doing it.